I admit (uno)

I couldn't care less about sports...as in playing any of them..really! I mean really! I dont care about going out there in the sun...and playing something I am not good at! I love watching though if I have good company..football I can even watch alone! Thats ito!!! And inspite of being a common Indian ..I DO NOT enjoy cricket anymore..i used to when it was played only during winter (Where are those days)..and it used to be special and not a money spinning device..now I cant stand it.

Nothing more nothing less..but outdoorsy activities like hiking, trekking, climbing..(gates, trees, walls, rocks, cliff faces..yes my ancestral characteristics show up strongly when i spot climb worthy trees or walls!) are manna to me. I become an altogether different person .sage-like when it has anything to do with mountains. Now living in flat straight Florida, mountains are a distant dream.. and I ODed on Lake Tahoe when we were there for two days!

I am a sucker for reading any..just any printed material. To such an extent that I need to have something to read while eating. In a restaurant, I cannot pull out a book to read when I am in company, but given that I HAVE to read something..I end up reading the menus front to back, including who did the designs, while chomping down. Such is my addiction. And its because of my mom.Period. Since I can remember, I read comics, Nandan, Paraag, Alice in wonderland (reread more than 50 times), Harry Potter until very recently..all while eating!

You know how drug/alcohol addiction tends to isolate people..I faced such isolation with books. Infact it was self inflicted. I dont like having lunch in a group as my whole being itches to have reading material in hand..so I would think of creative excuses to have lunch alone in office..mostly..'I have a call in like 10 minutes and I cannot have a long drawn out lunch..sorry (shrugg!)'. So all of you out there who have been victims to such lies..I am sorry..I NEEDED to finish that murder mystery.

And its not just eating, going to bed is impossible without something to nod off to..to an extent that we have had middle of the night trips to Walmart here or railway stations in India for the next bestseller so that I can sleep..and I need another one next night as I read fast too..talk about double jeopardy!
I have been accused of ignoring a relationship for my brand new Harry Potter! Yes I am that selfish. I cannot be 'Oh I love you shooo much..mmuaah muaah' when I want to know what Snape did next and what is the seventh Horcrux!

I feel light already folks! Thank a lot Facebook notes for letting me blurt it all out.. Theres lots more to admit..will do it when I get some more time on hands..am a mom now..and bubsy demands attention!

No comments: