I have been a very angry person to many people mostly for reasons ranging from inability to take constructive criticism to inability to take something blatantly wrong lying down. I don't remember a time I took things lying down. I admit being stung many times due to my first inability. I am bad at feedback when it comes from a person close to me. I automatically assume in black and white, that by the sheer closeness these people share they MUST NOT judge me..and hey I am wrong!If I had learned to take feedback and didnt have such a binary view of the world..I might have had better chances of sticking to things, not being impulsive, saving a few jobs, avoiding a few accidents. I still am a little new at accepting feedback and working on it..and so I would expect patience from people who deal with me :)
But about things that are blantantly wrong..haven't you heard? Hell hath no fury and all that? I wonder how I escaped being an activist for just about everything! But hey, I still have a lifetime ahead of me for that ;) I see red when a wrong is committed concerning me, close friends, fellow Indians..earthlings..somet
My mother has oftentimes told me I am little too angry for this almost anti woman world (her view..I feel 70% of the times the world is what the woman can do with it)
Now, after 20+ years with me, she admits my ferocity has saved me innumerable times, and actually done some good in the world. Miniscule, drop in the ocean still good nonetheless. When I get scared or very upset I will myself to get angry and I get things done, make bad people piss in their pants an thankfully have never overdone it! Without this, given my rebellious streak and being prone to attract bad situations, I would have been raped, mauled, thrown off cliffs, shot at..and all that long back!
So i would like to pass on this wisdom I was given by a special person. People who are wrong and evil prey on fraility and weaknesses but at the same time are aware they are wrong! Not cowering and glaring, screaming, lashing back makes sure they go on the backfoot. I would tell this to my daughter..and am telling this to all of you out there.
US dosent make me that angry..i hope i don't lose touch or become too soft :) What would all those autowallahs look forward to each day?
On a diametrically opposite note, I cannot organize and set my thoughts on one thing if my life depended on it! I cant for the life of me figure out how people not only keep homes clean, but also smelling good, neat, organized, papers documents stacked well, and still find time to coordinate colours in a room, and do a host of other stuff which comes with being organized creative and being the model for 'Good Housekeeping'...and yet be frugal and save money! I cannot even put my cloths in order and I know of people who color code their underwear!! I would appreciate help here! I have also found my match..dearest helps me in keeping the mess going..long live messy households..to top it all i have a pooping peeing spitting little thing with those little little cloths and whatnot!
Do I have hope?
P.S : Talking of the little person, will put up the latest pic here shortly
3 comments:
You know, I thought I figured out life and how to react (get angry, not get angry) etc. But sometimes I don't know which is right...I do not believe in anger but is that fair to the other person who deserves that all the spite in the world?
Keep writing more...I am also gettin that many feedbacks from friends and shessh I still have loose ends and screws...gotta fix me or learn to deal with it.
:)
Nice post. Getting angry and bursting out is good for health. Passive agressive is bad for health. Also, I think disorganized is a sign of genius.
oops. spelling mistake. aggressive.
Post a Comment