Sleep eludes yet again..so whats a mom to do? Go back in time and think about all those glorius parties in the year that I fondly remember as..take a walk on the wild side year.
Yep those days are past me, and no more can i stumble out of the bar on to the pavement ..trying hard not to throw up my entrails on a good looking guy. Who by the way could have been a date, but reduced to being the designated driver. But these are not the drunken soirees am talking about.
Moms..cmon admit..everyonce in a while you think about all the wild things you did but now are either too homely and workly to do..or just a responsible citizen :). Anyway, I digress.
This post is a thankyou and a shout out to all those peeps who were by my side when I goofed up that bad, when I danced like the energizer bunny, when i danced alone on the floor..and you gave me company, all the while keeping an eye on that drink that I was sure to ..erm.not digest. J..i love you. When i first saw you in pune, i couldnt believe you will be my workmate..not because you were way too intelligent..but because you had chosen to don a torn pair of pants ( strategic tear mind you) for a stroll on the poshest streets of pune. I think it was love at first sight. You my friend, i thank thee for staying by my side when i made a complete fool at my first office party and insisted to dance when the DJ was just setting up his station. Thanks for not being embarrased and packing me into the car of a guy I liked..who dropped us both home..but never spoke to me again. Thanks!
A my friend..you i will always remember as the one who was the rudest to me on my first day at a new workplace, when i asked, what do you do on weekends? You replied..I am a private person and i would prefer if you dont ask me such questions. A month later I was a part of your every weekend for the better part of the year. We, would have set a record in the hyderabad for frequenting the most non happening parties set in shady rooftops..including the one on our office rooftop and the paratha party in IIIT. Yep..most boring. But, your friend, moi, has an uncanny knack of turning such soirees into drunken brawls with perfect strangers and their wives..and the waitor and the management. Hence I successfully managed to turn such uneventful nights into an embarassing situation for you and a eyes wide open situation for everybody else. Here, i would take a well timed sigh, and introduce my friend SB, who was introduced to me through you, as a panacea for a broken heart. The broken heart stayed broken and got infected too..but i ended up with another wonderful friend, who rode a cruiser babbay!!
You and SB together, have stood by me each time i fought with the police guy, gate crashed the google party, or danced salsa in the rain. Or decided to go find an all night eatery in charminaar, at 3 am. Thankyou. A, i repayed you by being with your stinky self, when you decided to mix drinks and puke into the lake, auto and one another place. SB, we had fun mate! Thank you!
I cannot end this post without mentioning N and AJ, who introduced me to poker and liquer. AJ, thankyou for refining my taste in drinks. N, first I cannot believe you let me drink IN THE CAR, which belonged to the partner, who, like you told me, asked how i was,TWO years later. I had forgotten all about it. Infact, i didnt remember giving strategy lessons to a seasoned Big 4 person. Highly embarrassing! Keeping this OMG incident aside, remember the time we went looking for the bacardi party..and drank diluted mojitos and danced to horrible music, about an hour away from civilization. Thank you for inviting me in with the crazy bunch..it was fun.
Now, the best for the last in this sordid tale of puke and sweat and cologne and drink and trance and high heel boots..yep.boots. A big shout out from my side to the awesome girls, Sam, WK, A, A and A. You not only made my big party before i got hitched..a roaring success ..literally, thanks to you guys posing away for the page 3 shutterbug, you addded a lot of glamour and poker to my hitherto no gambling no weed life! I swell like a toad, albeit with pride when i narrate my weed scoring episode to my..bless him...husband. Thanks for sending me love notes in a foreign land..when i missed you guys the most.
Readers, those two of you, yes...this post is not glorifying any of the incidents mentioned above. This an attempt to document the awesomeness of friends, lest i forget, or need to remember happy times when i am stuck with a regular 9 to 5 job and trying to set a good example to my girl. For my girl, drinking fruit juice is good, and you should not let weeds spoil your garden soiree.
PS. These are friends i associate with my take a walk on the wild side year. There are others, who deserve a post all of their own..not to mention a post for my ...bless him..husband. He has been witness to some of what I am talking about above. He still loves me. Wild cheer!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment