I havent videoed/wrote about Saisha in a long time due to work and hectic schedule of school/ work / home etc..and holidays seem like the prefect time to do just that. Here are few top of my head highpoints of 2011.
1. She is 2 months shy of being the grand old age of 3!
2. She LOVES school! My baby..I hated being home sick, ya know!
3. ATTENTION SEEKER! Yeah like that, all caps screaming if not looked into the particular curious case of iPad not switching on!
4. Is hurting all the time, and utters massive sighs and oohs and aahs to get..wait for it..ATTENTION
5. Forgot all Hindi/and the adorable Bihari accent (Aquired from a gap year spent immersing in Indian culture at such a young age mind you!), and chameleoned into Spanglish with ease (Dora, Diego et al)
6. When stuck she screams "Ayudamente" or some such across the border stuff.
7. All her soft toys including all toys from her play mobil have got a time out. Parents are getting there
8. I will help myself..most offered refrain
9. Thats NOT funny...second most offered refrain to toys and parents alike
10. Attention span has gone from Goldfish to Rabbit..I presume.
11. Counts till 20, never in order, always over and under counts when reading "eight little monkeys"
12. Terrorizer at home, somewhat bullied out of home. No idea how that works.
13. Teacher's pet, loves hugs, loves a good kiss and cuddle
14. Has a 36 inch tele in her room, so that parents can watch "Mooffiee" in peace. How many kids do you know who have their own damn TV yo! (Hiding in shame)
15. Put a zoo decal in her room only to be rearranged with a giraffes neck on the elephant's torso. Has been corrected since, but the terror remains.
16. Since the aforementioned TV installation in her room, Her Majesty has deigned to sleep in her own bed, albeit only after "only last Dragon Tales mama!"
Phew!! Lots and lots more but these are the top of my head :) and btw amazing photographic memory and direction sense for a preschooler. My baby again. I dont get lost, or forget signs but I suck at maths! :)
5 comments:
Lovely and very well written. I could almost see her doing all these things. What a typical Abrol :-). God bless her. Keep posting more of such stuff, keeps us posted about the princess :-).
Good Job! It may land you writing for a parenting magazine soon and you will find consulting assignments boring.Love to Saisha
Fantastically written... hilarious ... now I am dying to know Saisha more! Those 30 minutes weren't enough at all :(
Post a Comment