I am thinking this is as good a time as any for being a tad (sarcastic!!) more regular on this blog. I have an on again off again relationship with this space, and I am busy as hell #no excuse. P is out of the country on an emergency visit to India. His mom fell very sick. Wont go into details ,but he was needed there, and he left the same day he got the news.
I was here with a lonely weekend looming ahead, and my allergies were completely acting up. Saisha was cranky, as she missed dad from word go. Friday night I sulked, and put together some lacklusture dinner for her and me. Woke up at 4 AM..4AM folks!
Saturday morning dawned and I had decided by then, that I was going to take this as an opportunity to spend as much QT with Saisha as was reasonably possible without making her overstimulated. I looked up activities, and one mom had suggested skating. Roller blade variety. So I picked up Miss cutie, put her most comfy shoes and off we went at 8:50 AM for a 9AM instruction. Reached at 9:07 am, and the door had a big sign saying "See you next Saturday. Miss so and so is off this week" !! So much for driving like a "running ghost" (#Indiaism)
Anyhoo, I racked my head while on the drive back, and then did a manic u -turn for, ice skating! From my ice skating pre baby days, I remebered vaguely an instruction class at 9:30 AM. I also remembered a very embarrasing detail: My friend, the budding anestheologist (BA from now on) and myself had joined in the beginner level at the Tampa bay ice sports forum. Its a major facility with two NHL level rinks, and official training zone for Tampa Bay #Lightening. We found place in the Tot class, with the oldest guy being 5! And then us. And they learnt faster and much better than us losers! We somehow managed to get a pass..after two tests. Saisha joined the very same class, and was the youngest! Oh Joy! She did well for a three year old, with an attention span of a rabbit!
Post instruction, we chomped on oily pizza, fries and hot cocoa. Then we headed off to a birthday party for a 8 year old, where Saisha jumped away to glory on the princess castle! Her kinda thing. I sipped sangria. Ok!! Gulped is more like it.
Came home to a dinner at the Mongolian grill, that is fast becoming our go to with friends, DnR! Phew what a Saturday. And you thought I was lonely.
Well lonely strikes at nights and I woke up again at 4AM Sunday. Can you guess what I did? I figured will take Saisha for only her second movie at the big dark hall! The movie was Dr. Seuss classic Lorax, and Saisha did watch it for 60% of the time. That means a hit in my eyes, if it engrosses a three year old, and she comes out of the theater saying, mama, dont hurt trees!! Wow!
My giddha (punjabi folk dance) group had called in for a practice scheduled at 2:30PM, and I joined in, still a little sick. The practice was good, we all knew our steps, all 11 girls. The dance is on April 7th. Wish me luck. Since P is not going to be there, guess I will have to get Ms Lourdes (Saisha's teacher/babysitter) that day and go dance!
Bummer! Though all in all a great weekend. Except for the phlegm. Yes I am gross like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment